Blake Road is currently closed at the intersection of Lake Street due to a separate project in place by the Metropolitan Council. For more information on this closure, please click here.
In 2014, an improvement plan was created from the Blake Road Corridor Study that was commissioned by the City of Hopkins. The study highlighted opportunities and laid out several goals that will improve Blake Road.
What improvements will be made?
Once the project is complete, the improvements will:
- Create a corridor that is comfortable, safe, and functional for all modes including:
- Motor vehicles
- Facilitate redevelopment opportunities that will support a vibrant corridor
- Improve natural resources within and adjacent to the corridor
- Improve access to and connectivity across TH 7
- Improve connections between the corridor and adjacent neighborhoods, parks and trails.
what does that mean for me?
Construction will occur on Blake Road beginning in April 2018. Throughout this time, detours and road closures may occur.
Several updates on the project and construction timeline will be sent out in the coming months with specific information on what you can expect.
Sign up for email updates on the contact page.