Blake Road Bridge - Now Open!
The Blake Road bridge between Hiawatha Avenue and Oxford Street will be reopening to vehicular traffic on August, 20, 2018. Thank you for your patience during this time.
Excelsior-Blake Intersection - Now open!
The Excelsior-Blake intersection closure is now open. Thank you for your patience during this time.
In the coming week, the construction team will be replacing pavement in various parts of the project, working on sewer utility lines, along with grading sand and gravel south of the train tracks on Blake.
In 2014, an improvement plan was created from the Blake Road Corridor Study that was commissioned by the City of Hopkins. The study highlighted opportunities and laid out several goals that will improve Blake Road.
What improvements will be made?
Once the project is complete, the improvements will:
- Create a corridor that is comfortable, safe, and functional for all modes including:
- Motor vehicles
- Facilitate redevelopment opportunities that will support a vibrant corridor
- Improve natural resources within and adjacent to the corridor
- Improve access to and connectivity across Highway 7
- Improve connections between the corridor and adjacent neighborhoods, parks and trails.
what does that mean for me?
Construction will occur on Blake Road beginning in April 2018. Throughout this time, detours and road closures may occur.
Several updates on the project and construction timeline will be sent out in the coming months with specific information on what you can expect.
Sign up for email updates on the contact page.